"...In the dance of sun and water and sky. In the faces of the people who need us most and of the people we most need. In the smell of breakfast cooking on a charcoal fire. Who knows where we will find Him or whether we will recognize Him if we do? Who knows anything even approaching the truth of who He really was? But my prayer is that we will all of us find Him somewhere, somehow, and that He will give us something of his life to fill our emptiness, something of his light to drive back our dark"
-The Great Dance -Frederick Buechner

Friday, February 10, 2012

The small things

Our kitchen is coming together but we've got a bunch of small things to finish.  I'm happy to say that yesterday while I had Molly at Grandma and Grandpa's Nels was able to start (and finish) the moulding in the kitchen.  Here's a few before and after pics

Before: it actually doesn't look that bad here but there is a space between the wall and the ceiling


After: a little moulding and things are looking a bit more finished:)


this is probably where the space between ceiling and wall was the worst, unfortunately I didn't take a before pic but I love how it looks now


this is looking into the living room where I think the moulding looks the greatest:)



lately I have been obsessing over throw pillows for the couch.  I've been pinning some inspiration on pinterest.  i love the look of this couch:


 Nels and I had a bit of a puky beginning to the week (stupid flu!) so I was happy to get into the city a few days ago to hunt for some pillows


I found these gems at Bed Bath and Beyond.  I LOVE the fabric detail and I think that would be pretty easy to do to a plain white pillow


I could not believe this $49.99 price tag.  Are you kidding me!?!?  This is the kind of thing I ran into all day.  The most I am EVER willing to spend on one pillow is 20.00 so I was getting just a little VERY frustrated.  



And then on a quick stop for groceries at Superstore I decided to take a quick look at their spring stuff (which is AWESOME by the way).  Low and behold, they had some really plain, awesome pillows in every colour I am looking for in my house.  I'm not sure who the designer is for the Everyday Essentials line but we should get together sometime because the stuff is so similar to the look I am going for in my house.  I've gotten quite a few things from superstore actually (maybe I'll post all of my superstore finds later).  I would say Superstore is the equivalent to Target  as far as the variety/quality of stuff and the prices are usually even better.



These pillows were $8.00!!!  Even as I say it now I feel like I should pick up a few more.  They had GREAT colours and even though they are plain, I love the look and you could spice them up with some cut out fabric pieces like on the rip off pillows from Bed Bath and Beyond. 

So here is the couch now... I am so happy.  For $32.00 I have a much friendlier looking couch that will be making its way to the living room (from the bonus room) very shortly.  

side note: the two pillows in the middle came with the couch originally.







No comments: