"...In the dance of sun and water and sky. In the faces of the people who need us most and of the people we most need. In the smell of breakfast cooking on a charcoal fire. Who knows where we will find Him or whether we will recognize Him if we do? Who knows anything even approaching the truth of who He really was? But my prayer is that we will all of us find Him somewhere, somehow, and that He will give us something of his life to fill our emptiness, something of his light to drive back our dark"
-The Great Dance -Frederick Buechner

Saturday, February 11, 2012

How are those resolutions coming along?

Today seems like a good day to revist my resolutions.  I'm hanging out at my Moms while Nelson works a day shift and Molly is watching her bake buns:)

So here was my first list of resolutions:

1. paint door in kitchen
2. paint outside door (perhaps both sides)
3. spray paint mirror for guest bedroom
4. spray paint magazine rack for office
5. refinish old coffee table
6. hang photo collage
7. sew valances
8. sew curtains for playroom
9. finish painting chairs for kitchen

The great part is that i wasn't even trying to cross anything off the list yet and without knowing I'm almost 30% done.  Yah!!!

Today I've been thinking lots about the tile for our backsplash in the kitchen. I'm super stoked about it. I think it will be our March project and considering I thought it was going to be WAY in the future i couldn't be more happy. I was scoping some tile out at Home Depot the other day and they have exactly what we need for a pretty reasonable price. Here's a few pics to add to fuel the subway tile flame


No comments: