"...In the dance of sun and water and sky. In the faces of the people who need us most and of the people we most need. In the smell of breakfast cooking on a charcoal fire. Who knows where we will find Him or whether we will recognize Him if we do? Who knows anything even approaching the truth of who He really was? But my prayer is that we will all of us find Him somewhere, somehow, and that He will give us something of his life to fill our emptiness, something of his light to drive back our dark"
-The Great Dance -Frederick Buechner

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

It was a good time...

"I have learned that one can never go back, that one should not ever try to go back - that the essence of life is to go forward. Life really is a One Way Street." -Writer Agatha Christie


Tonight I was thinking back to being in University and living in the crappy apartment (known as baywood) that first year in Edmonton. Boy did I ever NOT know what I was getting myself into at the time. Even though it seems like I'm such a different person and that is such a different life sometimes I miss it. It was fun being so poor and not caring one bit. I remember living off a box of Christmas oranges one week because I didn't want to spend any of my student loan money on groceries. It was fun parking in that same spot by MacDonalds every day and going for that beautiful walk to school. It was fun going out with the girls and protecting Christine from creepy guys.


It seems so weird that that part of my life is over. Don't get me wrong I'm glad to be where I'm at right now but as life keeps on moving forward I tend to get a bit sad about everything that is over already and all of the people who are so far away.

I guess I can only hope and pray that my life continues to be filled with so much adventure and friendship and love and that one day maybe my heart will be ok with moving on.

No comments: