First off, most people know that one of my recent passions is a good DIY project. Painting, gluing, sewing etc... there is something so authentic about things in your house that you make yourself.
Along with my DIY project passion comes my passion to spend less. Spending less for me has included re purposing furniture, getting cheap art, as well as sticking to a strict budget for groceries and miscellaneous spending. Consuming less in general has made my life so much easier and less stressful (especially when it comes to personal spending). It really is so much easier to get dressed when you only have a few outfits you really love:)
Ok so anyway, this brings me to the AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME gift Nelson made me for mothers day.
I love this gift because
- He came up with the idea himself (he is the more creative one out of the two of us even though it hurts to say it)
- This was made out of recycled barn board from the farm
- Pretty sure he spent less than $5.00 on this project
- He was man enough to finish it at the fire hall and I'm fairly sure the guys made fun of him for doing a craft for mothers day.
- It is something that is unique and I will cherish forever
Alrighty folks, here it is!
thanks to Mike for taking the pics via Instagram. The project in the pics below is actually a frame the guys made for Ali after Nels had already given mine to me but you get the gist of what he did for mine.
Here's the barn board ready to get cut down
The first piece for the frame
screwing the wire on the boards
The nearly finished project
Ta da... hère is the one Nels gave me... the pics of Molly are so dang cute. They're hanging on some clothespins with scrapbook paper glued on.